Mark Zuckerburg is one of the most successful entrepreneur of the 21st century. He is one of the founders and currently the CEO of the extremely popular social networking site – Facebook. What makes him so admirable is the fact that he started from zero when he was 19, and achieved big success at very young age. Currently he is 29 years old and his net worth, as of September 2013, is estimated at $19 billion. A thing about him, that is worth being mentioned here is that he never worked for the money. He has just been passionate about his work and has always wanted to make the world a better place for living. Last year he donated almost $500 million worth of shares to Silicon Valley Community Foundation. He has also supported the Bill Gates-Warren Buffett charity organization and some other causes. There is no doubt that Zuckerberg lives the life, many people dream of. Here are some of the most famous and engaging quotes of Mark, which reveal some interesting things about him, his vision and success.
Mark Zuckerberg Quotations
Business and Success
* The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.
* I think a simple rule of business is, if you do the things that are easier first, then you can actually make a lot of progress.
* I just think people have a lot of fiction. But, you know, I mean, the real story of Facebook is just that we’ve worked so hard for all this time. I mean, the real story is actually probably pretty boring, right? I mean, we just sat at our computers for six years and coded.
* Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.
* My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don’t care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being just a company means to me is not being just that – building something that actually makes a really big change in the world.
Simply put: we don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services. And we think this is a good way to build something.
* I have this fear of getting locked into doing things that are not the most impactful things you can do.
* All of my friends who have younger siblings who are going to college or high school – my number one piece of advice is: You should learn how to program.
* Our mission is to make the world more open and connected. We do this by giving people the power to share whatever they want and be connected to whoever they want, no matter where they are.
* I got my first computer in the 6th grade or so. As soon as I got it, I was interested in finding out how it worked and how the programs worked and then figuring out how to write programs at just deeper and deeper levels within the system.
Facebook and Social Networking
* Facebook was not originally created to be a company. It was built to accomplish a social mission – to make the world more open and connected.
* I literally coded Facebook in my dorm room and launched it from my dorm room. I rented a server for $85 a month, and I funded it by putting an ad on the side, and we’ve funded ever since by putting ads on the side.
* When you give everyone a voice and give people power, the system usually ends up in a really good place. So, what we view our role as, is giving people that power.
Please consider sharing this article, if you find it interesting. Thanks!