Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Google’s History – Video
Although there are plenty of stories on the Internet about Google, don’t miss checking out this one, too. This is a nice video about the birth of the most popular search engine today. This is the story of two young guys – Larry Page and Sergey Brin, who turned a small garage project into a multi-national and multi-billion business. Here you can see in detail how the Google idea came into existence, and how exactly the company was founded and managed at the very beginning. Watching this movie, you will learn some interesting facts about the early lives of the two innovators and the difficulties they faced when starting one of the greatest businesses in the world. The video is definitely worth watching, we strongly recommend it. It’s titled ‘Sergey Brin and Larry Page – Bloomberg Game Changers’.
Founded in 1998, Google quickly became the leading search engine in the world. Currently, it’s one of the most innovative and successful businesses ever. It’s a perfect example of the fact, that you don’t need money to create something big and profitable. You need to innovate. To see other inspiring videos, you can check our section here.
Some interesting facts about Google
1. Google started as a research project by two Stanford Ph.D. students – Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
2. Google’s first venture into the public domain was the search engine in 1998.
3. It was registered as Google Inc. in September 1998.
4. The name ‘Google’ is actually derived from the mathematical term ‘googol’ which means a one followed by a hundred zeroes.
5. Every day, Google processes over 40 thousand queries each second which totals about 3.5 billion searches per day.
6. In 2001, Google purchased publicly available satellite imagery from the US Department of Defense project, known as the Geospatial Revolution Project.
7. Google Earth was the first commercial application developed by Google with satellite imagery available to the public.
8. The first Google Doodle was designed by Larry and Sergey themselves.
9. To date, Google has acquired more than 200 companies, including Youtube and Android Inc., in its venture to expand into different fields.
10. The main office of Google is located in Mountain View, California, USA, and is referred to as Googleplex (a play on “Googolplex”).
Please share this page on your favorite social network if you liked it. You can use the buttons on your top. This would be great! Thanks!